Historic building meets state-of-the-art technology – the best prerequisites for innovative musical concepts
Unconventional thinkers are welcome here: visitors who believe that musicals can, should and are allowed to create waves, are in good hands at the RONACHER. The theatre presents classics such as TANZ DER VAMPIRE, comedies such as THE PRODUCERS and also selective insiders’ tips such as FRÜHLINGS ERWACHEN or THE INFERNAL COMEDY – JOHN MALKOVICH IST JACK UNTERWEGER It stages urban music theatre that moves away from trodden paths and targets a new audience partially with stage productions and partially with concertante versions. These productions also prove that the RONACHER has the courage to display a different kind of humour. A long-standing gap in the market of Viennese music theatre has therefore now at last – and intelligently – been filled.
Tramway 2 | Station Weihburggasse
U1 and U3 | Station Stephansplatz
U4 | Station Stadtpark
short-term parking zone in the first and all neighbouring districts, Monday - Friday (weekdays) 9:00 a.m. till 10:00 p.m.
parktickets in every tabacconist and at our evening box office.
Convenient parking spaces for a stress-free night at the theatre are available at Parkgarage Cobdengasse 2, which is only a five minute walk from the RONACHER. Leave your car there at a reduced fee of € 4,50 (Kulturtarif) from 5.00 pm on the day of the performance to 7.00 am on the morning after the show.
Please ask for your „Kulturparkticket“ (only valid at Parkgarage Cobdengasse) at the RONACHER Box Office or at any VBW advance booking office before the show begins.
further parking garage:
Parkring-Garage | 1010, Coburgbastei 5
Kärntnerring-Garage | 1010, Mahlerstraße 8
Garage Opernringhof | 1010, Elisabethstraße 2-6
Parkhaus City | 1010, Wollzeile 7
Seilerstätten-Garage |1010, Seilerstätte 8
Palais-Corso-Garage | 1010, Mahlerstraße 12
Kärntnerstraße-Tiefgarage | 1010, Kärntner Straße 51
- Capacity: ca. 1.000 seats
- Season: All-year, max. 7 or 8 performances per week, no performances on Wednesdays
- Portalwidth: Width 11.8 m, height 9 m
- Stage: Depth 15 m, rear stage 10 m
- Turntable: diameter12 m, stage lift 12 x 3 m
- Gridheight: 21 m, 69 hoists
- Orchestrapit: max. 60 musicians
- Lightingfixtures: Lighting console: 2 x GrandMA, 500 dimmers, 60 moving lights, 240 conventional spots, 5 follow spots
- Projectionfacilities: 2 Beamer 12000 Lumen, 1 Media-Server/Manager Pandorras Box
- Soundproductionconsole: Digital mixing console Aurus Stagetec, 150 inputs, 64 aux